Sunday 25 August 2013

Blueberry crumble (easy recipe)

 
 
As a food lover, we should not waste food. So I decided to finish the last pack of blueberry that has been sitting in my fridge for the past week and make it into a blueberry desert for teatime.
 
After browsing through the Internet, I decided to bake blueberry crumble as all the ingredients can be easily found in my house.
 
I found the recipe found on Allrecipe.com, and modified it to suit me.
 
The baking process was fun and simple. 
 
                           Blueberry Aroma fills the Air as the crumble was baking in the oven.
Ingredients :
 
1 cup sugar




 

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. ( I do not have a 9x13 pan- so I just use my tart and souffle pan)
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and cinnamon,. Use a fork to blend in the butter and beaten egg. Dough will be crumbly. Press firmly half of dough into the prepared pan.

  1. In another bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust.
  2. Sprinkle a handful of sliced almond on top of the blueberries and crumble remaining dough over the almonds.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and the blueberries are bubbling. 
 
The result was a delicious, crunchy blueberry crumble that my whole family enjoys.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment